Gynecology and obstetrics comprehensively deals with women's total health care. It provides appropriate medical care from puberty, through pregnancy and delivery, to after menopause, including diagnoses and treatments of female genital benign and malignant tumors, uterine fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, congenital development anomalies of genital tract, pelvic floor disorders, complications of pregnancy, menstrual disorders, infertility and others.
Outpatient gynecological services include:
- Outpatient consultation, family planning
- Cervical smear test
- Cervical biopsy
- Loop diathermy excision (also known as a LLETZ)
- intrauterine (IUD) insertion
Gynecological surgeries include:
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy, laparoscopic removal of fibroids and treatment of endometriosis
- Prolapsed uterine surgery including pelvic floor repair, sacro-spinous fixation
- Incontinence surgery
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomies, oophrectomies, ovarian drilling
- Laparoscopic ectopic pregnancy management
- Sterilization both laparoscopic and hysteroscopic (Essure)
- Endometrial ablation
Obstetrics provides comprehensive routine prenatal services and delivery for pregnant women and advanced multidisciplinary care for women who are identified with complications prior to or during pregnancy as cardiovascular problems, maternal diabetes, hypertension and risk for preterm delivery or cervical incompetence. Additionally it makes possible to diagnose prenatal abnormalities and control of fetal malformation (as cardiac malformation, hydrocephalus, gastrointestinal defect, chromosomal abnormality, etc.).